Conduct Surveys on Mobile Phones
The Mobile Movement: Why Conduct Market Research with Mobile Surveys
Mobile surveys combine the principles of traditional research with scale, reach, and affordability of the smartphone-enabled economy.
There are numerous benefits to reaching consumers via their mobile device to gather data
- Reach a broader audience
- Get faster results
- Lower cost
- Potential for higher quality responses
Find your audience where they spend most of their time.
There are over 2 Billion smart phone users globally, and they spend the majority of their time in apps. Mobile internet usage has eclipsed desktop, and the average consumer checks their phone so often, it’s hard to miss them by more than a few minutes
With a mobile optimised survey, mobile survey participants provide higher quality responses:
- Respond at their convenience
- Are more engaged since surveys are shorter
- Interface is easier to use
- Enter responses directly (avoid interviewer bias)
- Reduce interviewer misinterpretation
- Provide more honest answers
Simply stated, all surveys and market analyses try to arrive at the same conclusion. Smart phones will reach the target audience via a faster, simpler, cheaper, and high quality methodology.
And, since the the Pollfish database has many already known (measured) characteristics or variables, you can create a sample with the same characteristics to that of the real population. And by stratifying your sample according a certain variable that is highly correlated to the variable that you need to explain, you get statistically significant results.
So why do we prefer mobile surveys against other types?
Vs desktop online surveys, mobile surveys:
- Provide greater reach
- Reaches consumers who are hard-to-access – important for millennials, and expanding nations where internet is accessed primarily on mobile
- Increased response rate
- Decreased survey completion time
- Faster data capture and analysis
In summary, mobile surveys:
- Provide excellent value, as they are non-expensive and they don’t lack much of accuracy.
- Provide a vast array of questions types
- Easy to use, both from a researcher’s or a participant’s view
- Is THE solution when you need to gather data as fast as possible
- Provide a better participant environment, allowing the respondent to preserve their anonymity and respond at their convenience, in an environment where the participant can respond answer to questions as sincerely as possible.